Following Minimum Prescription, Policies to Be followed
- All indoor and outdoor patient prescriptions to be complete and should have
- Patient Details: Name, age, UHID/Reg No, Gender,
- Patients Illness details: Provisional Diagnosis, chief complaints, main findings
- Drug/Medicine Details: Name, Dose, Frequency, timing & method of administration
- Duration of Therapy
- Consultant’s Signature and name to be there in each prescription along with date and time.
- Names of medications to be written in CAPITAL LETTERS ONLY
- No confusing abbreviations for units (OD, BD, TDS, CST, SOS, HS, etc ) to be used
- Correct use of decimal point: There shall be no naked decimal point, a 0 to be used before the decimal point. No trailing decimal points to be used for absolute numbers.
- No abbreviation to be used for medicine names
- All Consent to be taken and countersigned by consultants treating the patients.
- All procedural consent to be taken and countersigned by the consultant performing the procedure.
- All anesthesia-related consents to be taken and countersigned by the anesthetist.
- General consent to be taken by front-office and countersigned by treating consultant.