- To assist surgeons and anesthetists during surgery
- To maintain major equipments of CSSD and OT.
- To maintain inventory of medicines.
- To maintain linen and ensure OT sheets are not mixed with ward sheets.
- To maintain all the disposables, stock and take care of the expiry drugs.
- To fill indent and send it to pharmacy in case of need of disposables or other injections.
- To maintain record of total surgeries performed in OT
- To enter all details, including name, age, diagnosis, consultant in charge, admission, date of operation during surgery.
- To ensure proper infection control by fumigation, sterilization & autoclaving in the OT.
- To ensure proper biomedical waste segregation in the OT.
- General supervision of cleaning & maintenance in OT.
- To maintain Registers like
- OT scheduling register
- Drugs register
- Indent register
- Equipments register