- Ensures adequate staffing and proper duty scheduling of the staff for duties in each rotating shifts.
- Prime responsibility to ensure proper inventory of various equipments, instruments , medicines, consumables, laundry etc.
- Responsible to send timely indents and issues from purchase / pharmacy duly signed by responsible agencies.
- Ensures that proper patient care is being delivered.
- Local training of staff.
- Proper record keeping of all admissions, transfers, deaths, discharges, LAMA, file dispatches.
- Ensures proper equipment care, maintenance and repair.
- All nursing staff, GDA and house keeping reportable to her in regards to patient care and lessen administrative problems.
- Directly reports to Consultant NICU about all problems pertaining to NICU whether clinical or administrative.
- Ensures working of all medical equipments and instrument.
- Cleaning / Sterilization of NICU instruments and equipment.
- Maintaining inventory of all medical equipment.
- Maintaining records of calibrations, time for next calibrations, number of repairs, due servicing of equipments etc.
- Assessing and performing small local defects and repairs.
- Reporting all major/minor breakdowns to NICU Consultant / Facility Manager.
- Set up all monitoring apparatus at the designated beds when asked.
- Forwarding requests for indents for consumables and condemnations of the NICU equipments
- Assisting in NICU procedures.
- Shall report to Consultant NICU or administrative equivalent).
- Not to interact with attendants about patient conditions