We are looking for a dedicated and compassionate behavioral technician to join our team. Behavior technicians are responsible for assisting behavior analysts to implement behavior reduction and skill acquisition treatment plans. The candidate will assist patients with day to day activities, monitor their behavior, record and collect data on patients’ progress, and communicate with clients. Other duties may include clerical and administrative duties.
To be successful in this role, you will display a compassionate nature, empathy and discretion in your work. You should have excellent communication and time management skills, and be able to develop and maintain relationships with clients, supervisors and colleagues. Prior experience in a behavioral health setting is advantageous.
Behavior Technician Responsibilities
- Provide direct care to clients in a one-on-one or group therapy setting to implement skill acquisition and behavior reduction treatments as directed by the supervisor.
- Collect and record data on patient behavior.
- Collaborate, communicate and assist with the training of clients, parents and staff.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for patients and family.
- Carry out clinical assessments and other administrative duties.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Attend training to acquire further knowledge.
Behavior Technician Requirements
- Certificate, Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in a behavioral health or related field.
- Additional certification may be required.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift and carry patients.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- May need to work shifts.
- Computer skills.