- Major work force for implementation of all monitoring and therapeutic decisions laid by consultants.
- Prime responsibility is to monitor and manage all clinical aspects of patient care.
- Initial assessment of the patient at admission and information to Consultants.
- Planning investigations / treatment as per laid down protocols and in discussion with NICU Consultant / Consultant incharge
- Writing all clinical details on files and charting all investigations. Informing all investigations to Consultants and taking remedial decisions accordingly.
- Small decision regarding immediate monitoring and therapeutic to be taken by them as per their abilities and with help of laid down protocols.
However are supposed to inform of all minor/major monitoring inputs, therapeutic suggestions and remedial actions to Consultant NICU and / or Consultant In charge.
- All nursing staff, paramedics are supposed to report to them initially in relation to patient care..
- Informs about the irregularities in clinical, technical, mechanical and administrative areas to NICU Consultant (if and when noticed).
- Fills up all the investigations forms, blood forms and prepare the treatment chart or master chart of NICU.