If you’re planning on creating an online presence for your hospital authority, reliable web hosting is essential. There are literally hundreds of web hosts available today providing thousands of varieties of web hosting services. Plans range from free with limited options to expensive web hosting services specialized for business. The plan you choose will depend primarily on how you plan to use your website and how much you have budgeted for hosting.
The seven important criteria for a hospital web host to fulfill are
- Competitive Pricing
THESE ARE THE TOP 3 WEB HOSTERS IN THE FIELD OF MEDICAL SCIENCE.
- HOSTINGER : Hostinger aims at resource-rich shared hosting services and scalable virtual servers hosting solutions with drag-and-drop, easy-to-use website builder tool, regular backups, and a free domain name included with annual website hosting plans. Hostinger is classified among low-cost and affordable shared hosting companies available today. In 2007, they become a free website hosting service provider with no advertising named 000WebHost. Later in 2011, the Hostinger hosting brand came into existence. Hostinger offer upto 70% discount on their web hosting plans.
- Unlimited disk and bandwidth
- Free templates and drag-and-drop builder
- Fairly confusing, busy dashboard and interface
- Complaints of slow loading time.
Pricing and Plans
The 3 hosting plans are shared, premium, and business. With the shared plan you get only one website and one email, 10GB of disk space and 100GB bandwidth. With both the premium and business plans, you get unlimited websites, disk space, email accounts, and bandwidth, a free domain name, and better power and speed. For domain names, one that ends in .xyz is only $.99 cents a year, while a .com is $8.99, .net is $9.99, and a .biz is $11.99/year.
RATING : It has a 4.6 star rating and is considered as an excellent side for web hosting.
- GO DADDY: GoDaddy is one of the largest domain name registrars. With them you can get almost any domain extension you are looking for: .com, .net, .org, .law or even .today. A .com domain will cost you $11.99 the first year and $17.99 after, not the cheapest.
- Variety of plans for every type of online project.
- Your go-to place for all website-related needs.
- Not limited to web hosting services.
- Multiple product offerings for users who may simply want hosting.
- Can’t change themes without losing content.
Pricing and Plans
- At GoDaddy, there are shared hosting plans available too. It’ll cost you between $8.99 and $24.99 at renewal. With this type of hosting service, you’ll share a server with other clients. It’s suitable for small and medium projects that don’t need top performing servers.
- Like many other hosting providers, GoDaddy has a WordPress optimized shared hosting service. They seem to prepare their servers for a higher WordPress performance, offer WordPress pre-installed and have a selection of themes available. Nothing too exciting if you ask me. It starts at $9.99 a month when you renew.
- GoDaddy VPS plansare for those with special server configuration needs. With the root (administrative) access you’ll be able to configure your server to your preferences. They also come with a higher performance than shared hosting plans. VPS plans at GoDaddy start at $6 a month (self-hosted) and can go all the way up to $174 per month.
- If the higher performance of a VPS is not enough for your site, a dedicated hosting packageis your best next option. With these, you’ll have your own server for yourself and won’t have neighbors interfering with your project. But you’ll need a budget for that as dedicated servers start at $149.99 per month at GoDaddy.
- For the less tech-savvy users, they also have a website builderto create your site with. To be honest, it’s not my favorite site builder as some features come up a bit short (e.g. the blog). But their offering doesn’t stop there, among others they also have a hosting reseller program so you can sell hosting plans to your clients, web design services and SEO consulting.
RATING: It has a customer rating of 4.9 and is considered as an exceptional site for web hosting uses.
- HOSTGATOR: This industry leader has been providing reliable and quality web hosting services from shared to reseller, VPS, and dedicated to businesses for 2 decades. HostGator keeps expanding its offerings too, so keep your eyes peeled for new features constantly.
Free marketing offer: Various offer online constantly
Website builder: Yes
Money-back guarantee: 45-day
Price per month: Starting at $2.75/month
- Packages are full of features and functionality
- Automatic migration done by HostGator staff
- Award-winning, industry-recognized leader
- Website builder not included in hosting plan
- Not automatically PCI compliant.
PRICING AND PLANS
HostGator’s web hosting comes in 3 options, called the Hatchling Plan, the Baby Plan, and the Business Plan (cute theme-based plans, but they kind of dropped the ball on that last one). You’ll get a free SSL certificate with all plans, one-click installation, and unmetered bandwidth. With the Baby Plan, you get unlimited domains, and with the Business Plan, you’ll receive several other features including a free upgrade to Positive SSL, free dedicated IP address, and free SEO tools. At $5.95/month, the Business Plan is a good bargain for most businesses.
With 3 more plans to choose from, HostGator’s VPS hosting gives you dedicated control in a completely scalable environment. The starter plan is called Snappy 2000, which gives you 2GB RAM, 2 core CPU, 120GB disk space, and 1.5TB bandwidth. Bumping up to the next level, the Snappy 4000 gives you 4GB RAM, 165GB disk space, and 2TB bandwidth. If you want to go for the gold, the Snappy 8000 offers an impressive 8GB RAM, 4 cores CPU, 240GB disk space, and 3TB bandwidth. You’ll get total customization, a virtual app that lets you write custom script, web development tools, and hosting for unlimited domains, subdomains, email addresses, databases, FTP accounts, and more. It packs a lot into one package.
- Dedicated server hosting
Taking a dedicated server means you get full autonomy and control over every aspect of your hosting environment. The Value Server plan gives you 4 core/8 thread Intel Xeon-D CPU, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive space, and unmetered bandwidth. It works with Linux or Windows OS, too. The Power Server plan boosts you up to 8 core/16 thread, 16GB RAM, and 2TB HDD (or 512GB SSD). Finally, the Enterprise Server plan offers the same thing as the Power Server plan plus 30GB RAM and 1TB SSD.
RATING: It has a customer rating of 4.8 stars and is described as exceptional for web hosting uses.