- Participates in the formulation and review of nursing services, philosophy, objectives, policies, rules and regulations, job description etc.
- Assists in the recruitment of the nursing staff and students.
- Assists to make the Master duty roster of the Nursing staff.
- Assists in allocating nursing personnel’s to various nursing services departments.
- Maintains the records and reports of the nursing personnel’s and nursing services up to date.
- Assists in putting up files related to promotions, confirmations, study and vigilance cases etc.
- Assists in setting of the new units in the hospitals.
- Overall supervision of Nursing care delivery in order to ensure that a high standard is maintained at all times.
- Takes regular hospital rounds, supervises and inspects the wards and departments.
- Assisting the Nursing superintendent in preparing the Budget for the nursing department.
- Guides the A.N.S./ward/ward sister in maintaining inventory of equipments and supplies of departments and wards.
- Participates in condemnation and replacements of the stock from time to time.
- Ensures that arrangements are made to assign nurses in emergencies wherever they occur.
- Participates in evaluation activities related to the Nursing personnel.
- Guides her subordinates to maintain a good IPR among the Nursing superintendent and other departments.
- Acts as a liaison officer between the Nursing and other Nursing personnel.
- Organizes staff meeting for A.N.S., sisters and staff nurses from time to time…
- Assists in physical verification of stock of hospital and department as required.
- Assists in resolving the problems and complaints of the nursing staff, nursing aides and fourth class staff.
- Attends the emergency calls of hospital and nurses hostel in the evening and night.